Houston Immigration Lawyers
immigration attorney houston Adan G.Vega is a top-rated Houston attorney that has dedicate his career to serving immigrants and the United States employer. Adan Vega is a Texas board-certified and is committed to impeccable ethical standards, legal excellence, and the highest level of client service. Whether it is an individual seeking for asylum, joining family members in the U.S, or business purposes like an E-2 visa, his team of professional lawyers has successfully helped several clients navigate through their immigration cases. As Houston immigration attorneys, we believe in the team approach and providing comprehensive legal representation for each of our clients, regardless of limited resources, we do everything within our power as endorse professionals to help immigrant find the legal support they need.
What Are Immigration lawyer Responsibility?
Immigration law determine who can enter the country and how long they can stay, in addition to deciding what legal rights and responsibilities non-immigrants have while they are the United States. The Bureau of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is a branch of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The USCIS is in charge of all immigration-related petition and authorizations for foreign individuals who are entering the United States. The USCIS processes all immigrant and non-immigrant benefits delivered to visitors of the United States, including family-based petitions, employment-based petitions, asylum and naturalization.
The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is the law enforcement agency that has authority over illegal immigrant detention and removal. The federal agencies that employ immigration attorneys include the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ).
The Immigration Courts and the Board of Immigration Appeals are responsible for independently adjusting cases under
the immigration policy. The Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) is in charge with administering the Immigration Courts nationwide.
Immigration lawyers represent individual, employers before the USCIS, the Board of Immigration Appeals, and in Immigration Courts and the federal courts on issues dealing with immigration, visas, green cards, adjustment of status, political asylum, emigration, and other vital immigration and naturalization issues. Business immigration lawyers assist domestic and international corporations in transferring foreign employees from foreign entities to the United States and hiring foreign nationals as employees in the U.S companies.
A public interest immigration lawyer’s responsibilities could include asylum law, protection for battered immigrants, protection for victims of human trafficking, protection for victims of certain types of crimes, cancellation of removal, and family reunification. Some nonprofits also provide a range of other legal services to immigrant communities or advocate for immigrants’ rights. Do not forget to reach out to our us business immigration lawyers houston for your E-2 visa.
What Is E-2 Treaty Investors
The E-2 classification allows a national of a treaty country (a country which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation, or which has been deemed a qualifying country by legislation) to be admitted to the United States when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business. Some employees of such qualifying organization are also eligible for this classification.
The E2 Treaty Investor Requirements
To qualify for E-2 classification, the employee of a treaty investor must:
- Be the same nationality of the principal alien employer (who must have the nationality of the treaty country);
- Meet the definition of employee under relevant law; and
- Either engage in duties of an executive or specialized knowledge, or if employed in a lesser capacity, have special qualifications.
- If the principal alien employer is not an individual, it must be an enterprise or organization at least 50% owned by persons in the United States who have the nationality of the treaty country. These owners must either:
- Be maintaining non-immigrant treaty investor status or
- If the owners are not in the United States, they must come, if they were to seek admission to this country, classifiable as non immigrant treaty investors.
- Duties that are of an executive or supervisory character are those which primarily provide the employee ultimate control and responsibility for the enterprise’s overall operation, or a major component of it.
Special qualifications are skills which make the employee’s services essential to the effectiveness operation of the foreign enterprise. There are several qualities that is including depending on the facts that requirements are accomplished. Which are:
- The degree of proven expertise in the employee’s area of operations
- Whether others possess the employee’s specific skills
- The salary that the special qualifications can command
- Whether the skills and qualifications are readily available in the United States.
Knowledge of a foreign language and culture is not a requirement. Note that in some cases a skill that is essential at one point may become commonplace, therefore no longer qualifying, at a later date. For a more contact abogado de inmigracion houston texas